Do you have trouble focusing on your life? Meaning, do you have difficulty paying attention to issues that you need to focus on, but don’t? Things swirl around you deadlines become overdue—work becomes work and personal relation ships become a black hole. I will give you an exercise that will help you relax and train the mind to focus on particular issues with clarity. This mental exercise is not difficult to perform unless physical disabilities exist that prevent you from following my idea. If disabilities exist, then modify my suggestions to fit your needs. Ready?
Here is what you will need to do;
1. A bathtub filed with water hot enough for you to stand (no clothes are required for this exercise, for you house nudists this will be permission to do what you love to do).
2. Turn off all the lights and get into the tub allowing your eyes to adjust to the dim room first (BE SAFE). Option: Light a candle and place it in a safe area so nothing around or above will catch fire.
3. Now that you are in the tub and your skin is adjusting to the water. Relax by breathing, focus on your lungs, inhale through your nose hold for two seconds then exhale out your mouth slowly. Repeat breathing this way five times.
4. Close your eyes use your imagination to picture in your minds eye a black upon black environment.
5. Now see a red ball in the blackness. Hold this ball still. Wobbling is not allowed. No vibrating, only complete stillness.
Once this has been mastered move to the next step…
6. Move the ball with control in a straight line away from you until the ball is small as a pinhead.
7. Then hold the ball there for a while. You determine the time the ball stays away from you.
8. Now bring the ball back to you; bring it close, so close that you can see the surface of the ball, and look at the perfections or imperfections. It’s how you see the ball–there is no wrong answer.
9. Replace the ball with the issues in your life, and use the same technique to examine your life in this world.
10. Repeat for a lifetime.
Holding the ball still will take some practice. Don’t feel like a failure because you don’t get it on the first try. Do it again and again. Even when you feel you have a good grasp of the task, do it again. This might seem a silly task to some, but it is a good starting point to look at joys or difficulties in your life.
Eventually you can replace the ball with the issues in your life, and use the same technique to examine your life in this world. The ball is a metaphor of life and how you are in control of your life. The perfections or imperfections are how you see your world. This will allow you to see areas you need to continue doing uncorrected or in need of correction. This mental exercise will allow you to see problems from a perspective that you cannot see from standing with your two feet on the ground.
1. Fill a tub with water hot enough for you to comfortably get into.
2. Turn off lights, light a candle (be safe with fire) and allow eyes to adjust to a dim room before getting into tub.
3. Relax, breath in through you nose, hold two seconds; exhale out your mouth five times.
4. Close you eyes and picture a black environment once you are in the tub.
5. See with your mind a red ball in the blackness. Keep the ball still. No movement. When mastered then move to # 6.
6. Move the ball way from you in a straight line far as you can see, until the ball is as big as a pinhead.
7. Hold ball there for a brief time.
8. Then bring the ball close to you. Close enough to see perfections or imperfections. (Look at surface of ball.)
9. Replace ball with issues in your life for a new perspective.
10. Repeat for a lifetime.
I use this task for my life problems and questions. I hope you can use this to help yourself answer a wonderful riddle, life. See you at the gym. 😉